If you have an engine in need of reconditioning or a little TLC, Midland Autocare can help you out. We can undertake all types of engine work, from cam belt failure, head gasket failure to a complete engine reconditioning.
OUR ENGINE RESTORING IS A COMPREHENSIVE PROCESS THAT INVOLVES DISASSEMBLING AND REASSEMBLING YOUR ENTIRE ENGINE BLOCK. OUR PROCESS CONSISTS OF THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
1. We remove the engine block or cylinder head from the vehicle and auxiliaries.
2. We totally strip it down to the bare components. All the old parts – like big ends,
main bearings, pistons, rings, bend valves, valve seals, gaskets, etc. – are removed
and set aside.
3. We then take the old parts, put them into a chemical wash (to remove all metal
debris and dirt)
and pressure wash.
4. All the components are checked in line with the manufacturers specifications
(especially the crankshaft, con rods, engine block, cylinder head and crankshaft) and
machined as required.
5. The engine is reassembled in a clean environment using all new gaskets, bearings,
seals, piston rings, etc.
6. We then refit the engine/cylinder head into your vehicle with all the auxiliaries and
a fresh oil filter and fresh oil.
7. Once the engine/cylinder head is refitted, we give it a full check-over with engine
run up to temperature test before you collect it.
We are so proud of our work that we provide a guarantee for every restoration or inspection we do at our workshop.
If you’re working from home, a mobile mechanic or garage owner looking for an engine technician to recondition your engine(s), get in contact to discuss our services and rates today. We pride ourselves in offering a transparent pricing policy, meaning that the price we quote is the price that you pay.